2006 Pratt Christmas Letter
Dear Family and Friends,
Merry Christmas! We just sang in the local Messiah Sing-in, and what comfort the words are "And He shall reign forever and ever!" We had a great year and hope you did also. Here are some highlights:
- Ruth has served in the Relief Society Presidency all year, as well as leading the American Fork Children's Choir, teaching 4-H, voice, and home skills.
- John works at Omniture in Orem as a web analytics developer and had nine articles on Science and Religion published in Meridian Magazine.
- We spent New Years' with Julie and Ivan's family (Kaylee 6, Jayden 4, Tyler 1) in Houston.
- Mary and Michael's family (Natalie 1) live in Utah Valley, where he teaches art at BYU.
- Joseph, our youngest, is a BYU student and worked all summer in California.
- In June we went to the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City, where John won the Over-60 State championship in Table Tennis at the Utah Summer Games.
- In July, Jared and Jen had our ninth grandchild Aliza, so we visited their family in Idaho where we felt the great spirit of Independence at a state Rodeo. Then Ruth was in the 24th of July Days of '47 Parade as the Ms. Senior Utah 2nd Runner-Up.
- In August John won some medals in his first ever Track and Field event in the Provo Senior Games, and we saw the South Rim of the Grand Canyon for the first time.
- In November we visited John and Lisa's family (Calvin 7, Ivan 5, Reed 2) in Oregon
- In December Ruth's choir sang at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, and Jared and Jen's family is coming for Christmas.
We wish you the best of the New Year and that you will follow the light within, which will guide each of us,
John and Ruth Pratt